It’s great if you already have a car with Bluetooth compatibility. But you’re in luck even if you have an older car without those upper class features. The Bluetooth car kit is here to bring the convenience of making wireless calling and music streaming inside your old vehicle. It will take your driving experience to a completely new level. Without playing with the existing settings of your car system, you can enjoy accessing your phone content on the bigger screen of your stereo system.
From now, your drive will be much safer even while being connected to someone. If you haven’t experienced these luxurious features yet, the time has come to walk onto the road of the latest technology.
Before you head towards the market, have a glance at some of the top rated best Bluetooth car kits reviews to have in-depth insight into the products that are already popular into the market.
Best Rated Bluetooth Car Kit and Reviews
1. Nulaxy Bluetooth Car FM Transmitter Audio Adapter Receiver Wireless Hands Free Car Kit
Nulaxy Bluetooth Car FM Transmitter is an ultimate pick for those who drive a car that doesn’t have any auxiliary audio port. Without needing any cable you can stream music from your mobile and listen to it through your car speakers. And thanks to its advanced noise reduction system, it ensures you enjoy the best quality sounds.
Another great feature of this wireless hands free car kit is its wide compatibility. It quickly connects with almost all Bluetooth enabled devices from your iPod to your smartphone.
It comes with LCD display that is the biggest plus, you can see your phone numbers and song names. It also allows you to monitor your car battery. It also allows for charging of the device with its 5V-2.1A charging port.
Its availability in different colors is one more highlight of this product which attracts many users.
- LCD display with essential information
- Multiple connection options – Bluetooth, TF Card, Aux Cable
- Frequency range – 87.5 MHz to 108.0 MHz
- Features voltmeter function
- Adjustable neck
- Strong FM signal
- 44” screen for cool display
- Wide compatibility
- Different color options
- It has some noise distortion
2. ZEEPORTE Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car
Zeeporte is a perfect blend of advanced technology, great performance, and beautiful design. And the best part is that such a unique Bluetooth car kit is available at highly affordable price.
It uses Bluetooth 5.0 technology that ensures fast pairing and provides stable connections. In all conditions, you will be able to make and receive calls with high-fidelity sound, thanks to its CVC noise suppression technology. And when you need to charge your device, you don’t need to look around as it has the built-in QC3.0 USB port that charges your device relatively faster.
The clear and easy-to-read display is another notable feature that instantly intimates you when there is a call and it also lets you know which song is playing on. And the buttons laid around the display lets you customize your settings easily and quickly.
The most unique feature of this great unit is its ability to support Siri. With Siri, you can access your call options and music choices at your voice commands if you’ve a compatible phone. Overall, it’s a great Bluetooth car kit that worth investing money on it.
- 7 color LED backlit lighting
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- DSP audio technology for clearer sound
- CVC noise suppression technology
- Supports TF card and USB
- 0 USB port for fast charging
- Siri and Google assistant functionality
- Fast pairing
- Wide compatibility
- Reliable build quality
- Superior sound quality
- Easy to dial and answer call
- No issues found
3. IMDEN Bluetooth FM transmitter for car
This uniquely designed ultra compact Bluetooth FM transmitter stands itself apart from other similar sized car kits in terms of high quality audio and safety protection features. Its built-in microphone equipped with efficient noise suppression technology that ensures the best sound quality. And it also comes with great safety protection features including over voltage and current protection, short circuit protection and temperature controls give you assurance of its longevity.
It also has dual 3.0 USB ports means your device will never run out of power. And top of that it uses smart voice recognition technology, due to that it’s ideal for voice navigation especially for using GPS apps.
You would also appreciate its ability to provide easy and quick switching between calls and music. And due to the fact that it works by using FM signals to stream both phone calls and music, you don’t need AUX and TF card inputs.
- Ultra compact smart design
- Built-in microphone for hands-free calls
- Real time car voltage meter
- Dual 3.0 USB Ports with quick charge
- 5-108.0MHz frequency range
- Blue LED digital display
- Smart voice recognition
- Unbeatable sound quality
- Efficient design for ease of use
- Dedicated button to answer call
- Dual USB ports – one with fast charging
- Excellent safety protection features
- Display screen is too small
4. Besign BK01 Bluetooth 4.1 Car Kit Hands-Free Wireless Talking & Music Streaming Receiver
If you’re looking for the quality features at the best price, you will certainly like Besign BK01 Bluetooth car receiver. Its attractive sleek design with a small LED display looks great inside your car. The best thing is that it connects to a wide variety of devices so you can enjoy hands free calling and music streaming from any smart device you have. It also takes up less power since it uses advanced Bluetooth version. Not only the power consumption, it’s also good at providing stable and strong signals for the best performance.
The dual 2.4A charger lets you keep your device charged at all the time. And to use this receiver, you don’t need to turn it on, as it automatically gets turned on when you start your car. To add more convenience, it also includes magnetic mounting plate so you don’t have to mess with setting up the unit. You can place it wherever you find it more comfortable to use.
- Integrates Bluetooth 4.1 technology
- Features ground loop noise isolator
- LED indicator to see enabled functions
- Magnetic mounting plate for easy set up
- Multi-function button
- Attractive sleek design
- Dual USB port
- High quality microphone
- Easy mounting
- Low price tag
- It doesn’t connect wirelessly
5. Mpow MBR2 Bluetooth Car Kits for Hands-Free Calling, Bluetooth Receiver/Bluetooth Aux Adapter
Mpow MBR2 is a complete package comes with a lot of amazing features. Let’s start with its smart design and easy set up that makes the overall use of the unit a breeze. To use this receiver, you only need to plug in it into the 3.5mm aux input and when you start your car, it gets turned on automatically but make sure your phone is connected via Bluetooth. And you can start streaming music from your phone to your car’s speakers.
It includes a quick press button to answer your phone calls. You can use the same button to reject or redial the number. You’re assured of crystal clear sound, thanks to its built-in ground loop noise isolator that prevents echo and distortion.
Another exciting feature is its dual point USB connection that you can use to connect two devices simultaneously.
- Uses Bluetooth 4.0 technology
- Bluetooth pairing allows two devices at a time
- Features Auto-on and Auto-connect
- High speed dual charger
- Noise isolator included
- Offers 30 feet operation range
- Lightweight and small sized
- Great auto connection function
- Supports dual charging
- Easy to use functions
- Crystal clear sound
- It does not automatically turn on when the vehicle starts
6. SoundBot SB360 Bluetooth 4.0 Car Kit Hands-Free Wireless
If you think adding the convenience of wireless calling and music streaming in your car would cost a hefty price then you’re wrong. The SoundBot SB360 car kit is the most inexpensive car kit, designed keeping in mind the users’ comfort and safety both. It comes with flexible compatibility with iOS, Android, Kindle and more, means any device with Bluetooth connectivity you will be able to pair with this kit.
And its echo and noise reduction technology ensures you will have clear sound all the time whether you’re making a call or playing a song.
The best of all is that it doesn’t require batteries. You only need to set it up in your cigarette lighter and it’s ready for unlimited use. It comes with additional charging ports, with that you can charge other devices too while on the go.
The wearable clip mount is another plus you get with this kit, it allows for easy mounting for easy access.
- Universal Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Features echo and noise reduction technology
- Triple ultra high-performance USB charger
- Built-in mic and 3.5mm Aux cable
- On board multi-function buttons for easy control
- Wearable clip mount for flexible mobilization
- Good signal clarity & signal strength
- Excellent audio streaming
- Unobtrusive design
- Ease of controls
- Super easy mounting
- It doesn’t have a noise insulator, so conversations over the phone would not be as clear as you expect
7. Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Car Kit
Kinivo BTC450 looks great in its round shape and rubberized finish. This is one of the best Bluetooth car kits known for its simple yet incredible features. Once it is connected to the dashboard, you only need to plug it in the cigarette charger to turn the device on and it’s ready to go. It quickly connects to your mobile phone through Bluetooth and allows you to stream music through car’s speakers.
It comes with built-in microphone that is loaded with the best noise cancellation features. It ensures better call quality. However, it lacks the visual presentation of the functions you’re using but its having the multi function button that gives you easy access to the call options as well as lets you take forward and rewind the music.
Another great feature is its auto pairing, once your device is paired with the kit, next time it automatically pairs with the same device when it comes within its range.
The only downside is its wired design that makes set up a bit complicated. But if you have 12V power source and auxiliary port available in your car, you can confidently make a successful set up.
- Sleek design with rubberized finish
- Easy buttons (main middle, previous and next track buttons)
- It supports the aptX protocol
- Reconnects automatically
- USB port available for charging other devices
- Fabulous build quality
- Reasonable price tag
- Offers full support for Siri
- Amazing finish
- Easy mounting
- Its wired design is the biggest flaw with this kit
Avantree CK11 Hands Free Bluetooth for Cell Phone Car Kit
If you need a Bluetooth car kit mainly to access your call options then Avantree CK11 is the perfect option to go with. It is ideal for phone conversations that provides clearest phone quality. With a touch of a button, you can instantly activate its built-in voice assistant and handle your calls without taking your eyes off the road. Apart from phone calls and text messages, you can also use either Siri or Google Assistant to get driving directions.
You have to do nothing more than pairing your phone with the device and place it anywhere using the clip and its ready to go with.
It also includes volume knob that you can use to adjust the volume with much ease. In the context of sound, it has built-in 2W speakers with background noise reduction technology that ensures you will experience crisp and clear sound no matter where you are.
- In-built 2W speakers
- Background noise reduction feature
- Motion sensor for auto turn on
- Rotary knob for volume controls
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Supports Siri and Google Assistant
- Extended battery life
- Easy installation
- Loud and clear sound
- Great volume control
- Built-in voice assistant
- Not loud enough to hear music
9. GOgroove FlexSMART X2 Bluetooth FM Transmitter for Car Radio
If you want to add Bluetooth connectivity to your car but it doesn’t have aux input, GOgroove FlexSMART X2 is the best solution to your problem. In seconds, it pairs with your phone and allows you to sync music through Bluetooth. It comes with built-in two microphones that ensure better sound quality all the time.
It also has a USB charging port so you can charge your device while making a call and streaming music. Its intuitive design and beautifully laid out buttons (volume, play, pause, and next song buttons) make answering the call a breeze. You can also hear the navigation direction while listening to music. But when GPS direction starts, the music sound will get down automatically and once the directions get over, the sound again resumes to its normal rate.
The only downside is that it doesn’t allow to pair two phones at a time. If you want to pair another phone, the first one needs to be disconnected.
- On-board volume and phone controls
- Multipoint Bluetooth connectivity
- FM tuner with an Auto-seek
- USB port to charge your device
- Line-in port and 3.5 aux. cable for connecting non-Bluetooth devices
- Built-in microphone with enhanced voice detection
- LED display for easy access to functions
- Sleek design
- High quality sound
- LED display with lights
- Dedicated on/off button
- Easy to use functions
- It doesn’t support two devices at a time
10. Roav Viva
Nonetheless, it acts more like a charger but it does have Bluetooth connectivity that brings the Amazon Alexa assistant into your car. On the surface of the unit, it has two microphones that are equipped with noise cancellation chip, with that Alexa can hear your commands and can do whatever you ask it to do. On the surface itself you find a push button that allows you to activate Alexa.
The annoying part is its disability to send a text message and control spotify. But these issues are manageable. The only most essential thing is a good network connection so that the device can be able to operate Alexa.
The charging ports are also placed awkwardly which makes it difficult to use.
- Alexa enabled smart device
- Multiple ways to connect car stereo
- Dual USB ports
- Stylish design with carbon fiber trim
- Fast charging
- Easy phone functions controls with voice commands
- Easy to use
- Spotify doesn’t work yet
- You can’t ask Alexa to send a text message
How to Choose the Best Bluetooth Car Kit
However, it’s not required anymore to look into these factors if you’re choosing the product from the given list. But if you want to look beyond the list then you should certainly know what those factors are which make this small device super effective and efficient.
These are also important to be considered so that amongst lots of brands, models, and fake claims, you shouldn’t end up making a wrong judgment and buy something that make you regret in later.
Here, you will walk through them one by one:
When it comes to Bluetooth car kit, you should purchase the one that has the ability to be connected to a myriad of devices. With this, the other passengers in your car having different devices with different operating systems would be able to connect their devices to the car kit. It would also be a great advantage if you switch to another operating system in future, you can use the same kit for that device.
It’s also important to consider that how many numbers of devices a particular Bluetooth car kit can connect at a time. However, at first, it may seem of less importance but when it would come to actually use the kit, this feature is certainly going to make a huge different in your overall experience especially if you have more than one device with built-in Bluetooth. The ability to connect to multiple devices also allows other passengers in the car to connect to their devices at the same time.
You should also check out whether you have to configure the device each time you want to use it or it automatically pairs with your device when it comes within its range. However, the most of the devices have the ability to remember the devices that have been previously paired with them and they automatically connect whenever they come within the range. But still, you must consider the flexibility of pairing with the device; after all, it will determine how easy it’s going to be used.
4. Signal Strength
The signal strength is another factor you should not overlook. The good signal strength confirms the sound clarity and sound loudness. It also minimizes the noise and distortion and makes the sound clean and clear.
5. Hands-Free Operation
This is the most obvious and important feature of a Bluetooth car kit that is actually going to make your drive safe and comfortable. To achieve this purpose, different models come with different configurations. Some of the models come with a magnetic docking station and a multi-function button that you can place anywhere on the surface of the car for your convenience and control your phone functions from the buttons placed on the docking station.
While some car kits come with audio jack that you can connect to car stereo’s audio jack with a metal ending and use the stereo’s buttons to control your phone whether you want to play music or make a call. From the display screen, you can see the caller ID and signal frequency.
6. Noise Reduction
This is something inevitable while on the road that makes our conversation far difficult. But if you have a car kit with a noise reduction microphone, the person talking to you from the other side of the line would be able to hear you clearly. Therefore, it’s essential you choose a car kit that comes with such microphone, so you can have a good conversation over the phone even in the crowded place.
7. Who Should Get the Bluetooth Car Kit
Anyone who drives an older car that doesn’t have a sound system with built-in Bluetooth should get the Bluetooth car kit. With this small kit, you can enjoy hands-free calling and music streaming without changing your sound system. This is an inexpensive and effective way to get the quality Bluetooth connectivity in your old vehicle.
In the following section, we’ll talk about the different types of Bluetooth car kit, but which one would be more suitable for your needs depends on what you’re looking for.
Let’s see how each type is different from one another.
Types of Bluetooth Car Kit
- Aux-in Kit – If you’ve a stereo system with 3.5mm aux input, this type of car kit is more appropriate. Being very small and inexpensive, it does provide better sound quality due to its ability to connect directly to the stereo system through a wired connection. It’s good for both whether you want to use it for calling purpose or streaming your favorite song. It is also much easier to use as it allows you to control your phone and stereo using the buttons placed on the receiver itself.
- FM Transmitters – If your car’s sound system doesn’t have an aux-in jack, the FM transmitter is the best option you have. This type of car kit can be used with all types of stereo systems and phones because it connects wirelessly to produce FM signals that the stereo can easily detect. However, the sound quality over the phone call would not be so good but for listening to music and podcasts it is highly recommended. If you think this car kit type is better for your needs, you must check the FM transmission quality so that it can transmit clear signals to your vehicle’s sound system and produce high quality sound.
- Speakerphone Car Kit – if call quality is more important to you then the speakerphone car kit is an ideal choice for you. However, it is rather expensive because of its built-in speakers and a wireless system. But it can provide you the best hands-free phone experience whether you want to answer a call, send a text message or change the music, you can do without touching the phone. And its built-in speakers provide superior sound quality over the phone call. But it may not be ideal for playing music as it’s not as louder as the car’s sound system.
How Does Bluetooth Car Kit Work
Each type of Bluetooth car kit has a different configuration and hence, they also work differently.
– If you have an FM transmitter:
This type of car kit is only recommended if your car’s stereo system doesn’t have an aux input. This unit works with your sound system through radio FM frequencies. Therefore, at first, you need to turn on the radio and set it on the same frequencies the kit is producing. And the kit also needs to be connected to your phone via Bluetooth. Once the connection is established, you can play music from your phone, the FM transmitter will receive audio signals from your phone and then will convert those signals into FM radio signals that will be transmitted to your car’s stereo system and you’ll be able to listen to your favorite tunes through your car speakers.
– If you have an aux-in car kit:
This type of car kit works by establishing a physical connection to your sound system using its aux-input and your phone is connected through Bluetooth. After establishing the connection, the kit receives the signals from your phone that are converted into analog signals and then transmitted to your stereo system for amplification and comes out as sound through your car’s speakers. Such type of car kit also comes with a docking station and a multi-function button. You can easily place the docking station anywhere inside the car for a comfortable use and by using the buttons you can control your phone functions and stereo functions with much ease.
How To Connect Bluetooth Car Kit
The connection set up entirely depends on the type of Bluetooth car kit.
Bluetooth FM Transmitter
If it is a Bluetooth FM transmitter, the set up would be a breeze. It will not require any wiring and auxiliary input. You will only need to connect the car kit into car’s 12V cigarette lighter plug and at the same time, pair your phone with this device via Bluetooth. Once it confirms successful pairing, you will tune your car sound system to an empty channel and thereafter, select the same channel on the device.
Once you’re done with selecting same channel on both devices – the car sound system and Bluetooth FM transmitter, the car adapter will start streaming your phone content to the car speakers.
Aux-in Car Kit
If it’s an Aux-in car kit, connect it to your car sound system using a 3.5mm audio cable that connects to the Aux-in audio jack. Now pair your phone with the device. Once the connection is set up, the device will start streaming music and phone calls from your phone to the car’s speakers.
We know your safety is more important than anything else that’s why each of our recommendations for a Bluetooth car kit is given hereafter extensive research and testing. Hence, there is no question to regret. You can choose any product from the given list; each will come with the best price and the best features of wireless calling and music streaming to keep you entertained without distracting your eyes from the road and hands from the steering wheel. Now, you don’t need to put your life on stake just to receive a call.