Your enjoyment with music gets doubled when it comes from a quality audio system. And how better the sound would largely depend on the quality of speakers you have installed. We know that if you are a music enthusiast, you would have left no stone unturned to bag the best quality audio system for your car. If this is the case, and you are still struggling with it then you should only go for 6.5 car speakers that are made to put an end to sound issues.
This is an inexpensive way of upgrading your music system where you only need to replace the speakers instead of the whole music system. With the addition of 6.5 car speakers to your music system, you are sure to experience a huge difference in sound quality and the bass. It is of no surprise that such kind of superior accessories make your car look more attractive as well as give a good feel to its passengers.
However, the cost is often the last constraint if you are a music enthusiast but it is good to know that the list of the best rated 6.5 car speakers we are providing here are highly affordable and best in quality.
Let’s help you find the one that suits your requirements:
Best Rated 6.5 Inch Speakers for Car
1. JBL GTO629 Premium 6.5 Inch Co-Axial Speakers
The JBL GTO series speakers have already created a great buzz in the market. And the JBL GTO629 is among their top model that has a larger polypropylene cone, capable of moving more air to produce more bass which results in high quality sound. This is not only quality sound which made us to include this product in our top ten list, it also features patended UniPivot tweeters which enables you to direct the sound to where you want. It is having 2 inch of mounting depth that makes it more convenient to install it to the car door.
We are also highly satisfied with its premium quality components that are aimed at providing durability. Along with such great features, it does have the option of using undersized wires without affecting sound quality so that you shouldn’t have to compromise with the hassle of long wires.
However, this product lies at the top in our list but it doesn’t mean it is without any drawback. Its large heat resistant cone makes it difficult to install in a small car door especially those old model cars without needing any mounting hardware. So, while purchasing this product it is important you properly analyze the space you have in your car and check whether this product is the best fit for that space or not.
- 6.5″ GTO Series 2-Way Car Speakers
- Peak power handling – 360 watts
- RMS – 120 watts
- 3 ohms impedance
- Sensitivity: 93dB
- Carbon-injected cone material
- Butyl Rubber speaker surrounds
- Produces more bass for sound quality.
- Can be used with undersized wires
- Compensates for less than ideal speaker positioning
- Crisp highs and lows
- Quite expensive for a 6.5 inch-car speaker
- One-size-fits-all type of speaker
- Installation is a little tricky
2. Polk Audio DB652 Black Ultramarine Dynamic Balance Coaxial Speakers, 6.5
Nothing can beat its dynamic balance driver technology and laser imaging that delivers rich and clean sound just like it was originally recorded. Its solidity and reliability is assured with its manufacturing with a polypropylene and UV resistant cone that are surrounded by IP56 waterproof seals. So, no matter how much mud and water is thrown at this product, it will keep rocking even in severe weather conditions.
It has a built-in crossover that ensures the right signal ranges are transmitted to each speaker. Their availability in a wide range of shapes and sizes make them a more versatile option that can be installed in any vehicle. Their low-profile design gets easily fit on to the dashboard or under a parcel shelf.
It is also best protected against the elements such as salt-fog, UV and humidity. When it comes to its durability, its non-corrosive plastic grille, a polypropylene UV tolerant cone, waterproof inner and outer surrounds, and stainless steel mounting hardware leave no space for doubting its durability factor.
Another feature that made us fully satisfied with the product was its shallow tweeter design that easily gets reinstalled into the existing factory speaker grille. Thus it also ensures faster installation. There is hardly any other speaker of this range that comes with so many features and advantages.
- Dynamic Balance technology delivers signature quality sound
- Polypropylene and UV tolerant cone with waterproof surrounds
- 92 dB sensitivity; 40 Hz to the 22kHz frequency response
- 100W Continuous power handling; 300W Peak power handling
- Removable sport grilles
- Marine certified
- High sensitivity rating
- Great sound
- Excellent quality
- Water and dirt resistant
- Compatible with a wide range of vehicles
- Can be used continuously at a higher volume
- Unbalanced audio performance
3. JVC CS-J620 300W 6.5″ CS Series 2-Way Coaxial Car Speakers
If durability is your top concern then JVC CS-J620 car speakers are just meant for you. It’s having polypropylene cone with hybrid surround, built onto a steel stamped frame which makes it efficient and more durable than factory-installed speakers. It comes with pre-arranged holes that support for a quick and flexible installation.
Being the coaxial speaker, it has its all drivers and audio components installed in one box thus saving much of time. The high-sensitivity rating is another crucial factor that ensures it requires less as much power to produce the same amount of sound.
Whether you look at its sound quality or overall design, this speaker will meet your expectations at all levels and thus leaves no space for disappointment.
While coming to the downside, it has lower frequency range means if you want really high pitch loud sound then sadly you would have to look for some other option else you will require an amp to produce that real bass.
But overall, this is an excellent alternative if you want to upgrade your music system on a short budget.
- 6.5″ CS Series 2-Way Car Speakers
- Peak power handling 300watts
- RMS: 30 watts
- Sensitivity : 92 dB
- Frequency range between 35Hz – 22,000Hz
- Top-mount Depth: 1-23/32″
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Hybrid, Rubber and Cloth surround
- Pre-arranged holes for flexible mounting options
- Capable to resist high heat
- Provides long lasting performance for many years
- Delivers high-quality sound with less distortion
- Highly affordable
- High-quality grills protect the audio components
- Capable of withstanding high heat
- Super easy installation
- Not capable of producing the ultra music
- May cause vibrations that degrade the sound quality
4. Infinity REF6522IX 6.5″ 180W Reference Series Coaxial Car Speakers
Infinity REF6522IX has a 2-way configuration that delivers great sound quality even when it is played at high volumes. Apart from 2-way configuration, it does have bass blockers that help prevent distortion and delivers crisp and clear sound. It also comes with brackets so that you can easily mount the speakers in different positions.
These speakers work on UniPivot which allows you to adjust the dome tweeter, so no matter where your speakers are installed; you can easily set them in your direction. The feature of dome tweeter also enables you to control the sound level as per your preferences.
It gives you a feeling of ease when you install them into the existing music system without requiring any sort of customization. Another thing is its rubber surrounds which provide excellent protection to the internal audio components so that you can enjoy a long-lasting experience with these speakers.
- 6.5″ 2-way car speakers
- Polypropylene woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- Compatible with all factory or aftermarket car stereos
- Handles up to 180 watts peak power
- Frequency response: 53-21,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 93 dB
- Top-mount depth: 2-1/16″
- Grilles included for protection
- Edge-driven, textile tweeters
- 3.0 ohms impedance
- Bass blockers come along with the set, so you don’t have to purchase them separately
- Their high power handling capacity is safe to connect them to an amplifier
- The sleek black design with some silver detail looks nice with any car interior
- Some car brands require customization during installation
- For high pitch loud sound, you will need an amplifier
5. JBL CLUB6520 6.5″ 300W Club Series 2-Way Coaxial Car Speaker
Don’t worry if you have a factory installed stereo system, JBL CLUB6520 will rock and deliver outstanding sound performance irrespective of the stereo quality. Woofer cone architecture and high sensitivity help it to produce plenty of clean and non-resonant sound that is too soothing to your ears. These speakers feature a compact design so you can easily fit them in most cars without requiring any customization.
It has an edge-driven PEI tweeter that expands the high-frequency range, so you enjoy the quality musical tunes that you never heard from your old speakers. This is some rare to find a speaker that meet your expectations at quality and affordability both.
However, Its low-impedance design is quite good at producing that extra punch by drawing power from the car stereo system but it can be even better if you consider adding an amp for feeding them power. And to achieve this purpose, there are high-pass filters that perfectly remove low bass to deliver excellent sound quality.
- 6-1/2″ Club Series 2- Way Coaxial Car Speakers
- Polypropylene woofer cone
- Edge-driven PEI balanced dome tweeter
- Handles up to 50 watts RMS (150 watts peak power)
- Frequency response: 55-20,000 Hz
- Impedance: 3 ohms
- Sensitivity: 92 dB
- Speaker Grilles Included
- Top-mount depth: 1-13/16″
- Deliver clean, non-resonant sound quality
- Compact design fits in most cars
- Long performance life
- Easy installation
- Great performance even under chilliest environmental conditions
- Sometimes causes vibrations that degrade the sound quality
- Construction material is not stiff and durable
6. Jeep Wrangler JK Kicker Speaker Upgrade
Your music experience will be amazing with this upgrade kit that has excellent sound clarity and bass. This kit includes two speakers – one is for right side door and the other is for the left side door. It can also be used as a front or rear speaker. These are designed to be fitted in the front dash speaker boxes without requiring any re-wiring. These speakers are also good at providing perfect acoustic control with its polypropylene cones and ribbed surrounds.
With its peak power handling of maximum 150 watts along with a continuous power handling of 75 Watt RMS, you can well assume the level of sound pitch.
The simple and quick installation process is another thing which makes music lovers to stick to this product. It hardly takes 10 minutes to complete the installation process. However, these speakers are known for its crisp and clear sound yet there are a few complaints about its fragility.
These speakers don’t quite match up with the brackets due to slight dimensional differences in alignment and thickness of the speaker’s brackets yet they don’t compromise with the sound clarity.
- Weight: 10 pounds and dimension is 10X10X10 inches
- Includes two speakers (left and right) to install on the car doors
- Peak power handling of maximum of 150 watts
- RMS: 75 watts
- 6.5 inches door speakers.
- Precise control for acoustics
- Easy installation
- Plugs all fit the OEM wiring
- High quality construction
- For a speaker Upgrade the sound quality is just amazing
- Inexpensive fix as compared to other options
- Better experience with the bass compared to other available sound kits
- Plug and play system’
- Not as solid as expected, according to some
- Instructions did not match exactly
- Front Driver side speakers are better compared to other two speakers
- Several customers say that there’s not much of a sound difference
7. Rockford Fosgate P1650 Punch 6.5″ 2-Way Full Range Euro Fit Compatible Speaker (Pair)
This is certainly one of those speakers that produce fantastic sound yet available at a reasonable cost. It features a midrange driver with 165mm outer diameter that can be easily mounted to a range of domestic, European and import model vehicles.
Rockford P1650 implements the vertical attach surround technique which helps to enlarge the subwoofer’s radiating cone area up to 25%. It is also featured with FlexFit 2 Basket that allows for flexible adjustments to the mounting positions, especially for Euro – Fit. Adding to this, the Integrated Concealed Crossover conceals the crossover inside the basket, thus, making a cleaner look and hassle-free installation. This Rockford Fosgate P1650 Punch is verified by Klipped which is a speaker certification program that claims to provide the top quality speakers.
Most people love this for its clear and crisp sound which is equivalent to any premium speakers. And top of all, it perfectly fits into most of the car’s existing hole with existing wiring.
• Injection molded mineral filled polypropylene cone
• Linear high excursion matched motor magnetics and suspension design
• 0.75″ (20mm) treated PEI dome tweeter
• VAST vertical attach surround technique
• Santoprene rubber surround
• FlexFit 2 mounting
• Sensitivity: 88dB
• Integrated concealed 12dB/Octave crossover components
• Frequency response: 45 – 20,000 Hz
• Stamp-cast aluminum frame
• Grilles and mounting hardware included
- High range frequencies
- Eliminate the need to mount any black boxes
- It delivers clear sound and good crisp
- The price is quite affordable
- Compatible with most of the vehicles
- Allows for variable adjustments to the mounting position
- Cleaner look and easier installation
• The bass is slightly overpowering
• The grill doesn’t sit flush with the dash; modification is needed
• The dome is a bit high
• The sensitivity ratings are among the lowest available
8. Alpine SPR-60C 6.5″ Car Audio Component System
This product is simply remarkable whether you look at its amazing features or consider its pleasing look, everything is just made to surprise its users. How good the quality is, anyone can guess from its 4.5 star rating with more than 200 customer reviews.
As in comparison to the other speakers, these are a bit expensive but the level of sound they produce that gives a brilliant in-car audio experience. And this is the sound quality and the series of features that have made this product listed among best seller products.
If we come to its features, Alpine Car Audio Component System provides a peak power handling of about 330 watts, a frequency response of 65 Hz to 29 kHz, and sensitivity of 87 dB which is enough to produce high-quality sound that can please everyone. Apart from these features, it has a legendary design that looks great in black color.
- These are 6.5-inch Car audio 2-way component speakers
- Peak: 660 watts per set / 330 watts each side
- RMS: 220 watts per set / 110 watts each side
- Frequency Response: 65Hz – 29kHz
- Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Mounting depth: 2-3/8-inch
- Spectacular looks and easy installation
- Solid Mid level Speakers
- Great grip over Bass and Sound effect
- Feature filled with all latest specifications
- Comes with a hybrid layered-pulp cone
- Lightweight, weighing approximately two pounds
- Little trouble with installation, check the fitting before buying
- Requires a mounting depth of 2-5/16”
9. Kenwood KFC-1666S 300 Watts 6.5
These are a budget speaker that featuring tough polypropylene cones, real balanced-dome tweeters powered by neodymium magnets, and a lot more. These are better than those factory fitted speakers that produce annoying death rattle sound when you turn the volume up.
If you are thinking to replace your old car speakers, grab this Kenwood KFC-1666S speaker that would upgrade your existing music system without making a hole in your pocket.
However, its two-way design will only produce a good mid to high range sound output but you can add an amp or some extra tweeter for a bigger sound.
These speakers have a good look that matches the interior of most cars. The 6.5-inch width design will fit a wide range of vehicles without needing too much modification. In some cases, you’ll only need to drill new screw holes to fix them in place. They also come with co-axial cable fittings that are common across standard factory fitted stereo systems.
However, if you are looking for low-cost speakers with good quality then you can’t be wrong if you choose these speakers.
- Frequency Response 35Hz – 22kHz
- Max power handling per speaker: 300 watts
- RMS power handling per speaker: 30 watts
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Woofer: 6.5 inch PP cone
- Tweeter: 1 inch balanced dome
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 6.5 x 6.5 x 1.69 inches
- Weight: 2.9 pounds
- Sensitivity: 92dB
- Sound field enhancer improves sound quality
- Polypropylene woofers with treated cloth surround
- Enlarged magnet circuits for clear sound
- A cheap though a good quality brand
- 4 Ohm impedance make them compatible with many car audio systems
- Max power of 300 watts helps to reduce noise
- The standard output of 30 watts is fairly low
- 2-way setup won’t give the best audio reproduction
- Bass isn’t as good as a separate subwoofer
10. Pioneer TS-A1680F 6.5 350 Watt 4-Way CoAxial Cr Speakers
Pioneer’s TS-A1680F series speakers have all those features that can produce a seamless and smooth sound you always want for an exceptional listening experience. You are sure to get impressed with its dynamic range, high power handling, and a new modern look that are designed to produce improved sound quality no matter how good your stereo system is.
It comes with 6.5″ multi-fit installation adapters to expand flexibility and improve acoustic performance. These car speakers also feature Pioneer’s Open & Smooth sound concept which claims to produce a seamless and smooth transition between the woofer and midrange tweeter drivers to provide stable off-axis frequency response that is customized for automotive applications where one or more speakers are usually placed away from the listeners’ ears. You would also like its visually appealing and partially meshed grills and multi-fit installation bracket that make everything going smooth.
You can experience the improved sound of the New A-Series with the CarSoundFit App. Use this Car Sound Simulator App for the more in-car sound experience.
If you are still using those factory fitted speakers, consider this custom-fit high-class speaker that is designed to produce improved sound quality at a great value.
- 6. 5″ A-series 4-way car speakers
- Power handling: peak: 350 watts per pair/ RMS: 80 watts per pair
- Carbon and mica reinforced IMPP woofer cone
- Elastic polymer Surround material
- 1mm PET dome tweeters
- Rubber magnet boot cover
- High Heat Resistant Wire Voice Coil
- Grills Included
- Top-mount Depth: 2 3/8″
- 4 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response: 36-25,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- Low distortion
- Clean New Look
- CarSoundFit App for more in-car sound experiences
- Stable frequency range
- Multi-fit installation brackets
- Fairly low maximum output of 90 Watts per speaker
- These are not waterproof
How to Choose the Best 6.5 Car Speakers
Once you have made up your mind to invest in upgrading your music system by adding the best 6.5 car speakers to the music system, there are a few tips which would help you narrow down your choices so that you can zero in on a particular speaker that embrace all of the features and qualities you want and completely solve your purpose. Here are the tips:
1. Style & fitting:
The look and design are also a significant part of speakers. If you choose a speaker that has great design and architecture which suits the interior of your car then this is certainly the best accessory to augment your car.
Among loads of options, you can explore different shapes and sizes of speakers to find the one which is the best fit for your needs. If the speaker design is less important for you, then you should consider the depth of the speaker enclosures to ensure that they fit inside your car. With the intuitive tool available on Amazon.com, now, it is more convenient to check whether the selected speaker can be installed inside your car or not.
2. Power ratings:
As the name suggests, with a power rating, you get to know how much power the speakers can emit. While selecting it, make sure you get the one that has the high peak power handling and high RMS so that the sound is clear, crisp, and loud.
This is the most basic thing we always check while purchasing any product, but in the case of speakers, you should check the materials with which tweeters and woofers are made because their durability affects the lifespan of the overall system and their quality does affect the quality of sound.
A tweeter is generally made with soft materials such as poly and silk, and sometimes it also uses textile blends for producing a rich sound. And woofer is generally constructed using a sturdy and light-weight material such a polypropylene that produces an accurate bass sound. Apart from tweeter and woofer, you do consider checking out the surrounding material, it must be solid and durable enough to endure heat and humidity. Generally, it is made using rubber which is durable as well as capable of withstanding heat.
This is a common fact that price is always your topmost priority and it should be. Getting the best product at the best price is a rare deal. But if you do little research you are sure to find some high-class speaker within your pocket, the best example is Kenwood KFC-1666S 300 Watts 6.5 which is a budget speaker yet delivers the best quality sound.
4. Sound Quality:
There are certain factors that you need to check to determine the quality of sound. First of all, check the frequency range that needs to be wider for reproducing more sounds. Generally, the lowest frequency is 10 Hertz and the highest is 20,000 Hz. But remember that the very high frequencies are usually inaudible; therefore it should be from low to medium.
Another important factor is the sensitivity rating which tells how much sound your speaker will give out from the power it uses. So it is important you check out the power handling capacity of your existing car stereo. If it is less than 15 watts RMS per channel, then select the speaker that has a high sensitivity rating. If power handling is higher then choose the one that has a low sensitivity rating.
5. Online Reviews:
Before purchasing any speakers, checking out the online reviews of the product is the best way to know the true nature of the product. The people who have already used the product can well define the facts about the product and let you know many things which you can come to know only after using the product. With online reviews, you can better compare the products and get the one that has already satisfied many users.
Now it’s time to come to the last words! Here we took you through the top ten best 6.5-inch car speakers that we have listed here after a lot of thought and research. And we hope from this review you would be able to find the one that exactly match your specifications and requirement. We have only included those products that are above average and have met most of the testing parameters.
Now, it’s time to tell you about our recommendation.
There is no doubt that JBL has been at the top when it comes to manufacturing rich high quality and good sounding speakers. The JBL GTO629 Premium 6.5-Inch Co-Axial Speakers are very well designed and are equipped with the best features that anyone can look for.
The GTO629 are the highly recommended two-way mid-tweet type of coaxial speakers that include textile dome tweeter. Their maximum power handling capacity of 180 watts is enough to produce the best sound. These can be the best fit for any car as they have only 2 inches of depth for mounting.
And if you want to mount the speakers on the top of the door then it does include a grille set with all required mounting hardware that makes the job easier.
This is the product that surprises us as well as satisfies us.
Other Recommended Car Speakers:x